Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lemon Ginger Echinacea Juice

Rating:
Price: $3.49
Features: Massive blast of ginger!
Found in: Juice aisle, or it may randomly hop in your cart from a display by the checkout...

I've been trying to figure out what to say about this juice. If you like ginger, you can keep reading. If you're not a ginger fan, 1) there is something wrong with you and 2) quit now while you are ahead! This beverage has a major fresh ginger kick to it, similar to that found in Reed's Extra Ginger Beer.

Other flavors (taking a backseat to the brewed ginger root, of course) include lemon, white grape, and apple juices. There is a boost of Echinacea extract as well. I know I railed on a different product for containing unpronounceable extracts of dubious health value, but somehow echinacea seems more acceptable to me. When Arabinogalactan and Shizonepeta become more mainstream maybe I will be accepting of them too. Until then I maintain my original stance: wtf?

Aside from the herbal controversy, I have to say, this stuff is pretty good. I'd buy it again if I am feeling crumby and need a lift, or have a ginger craving to satisfy. That seems to be happening a lot lately. Otherwise an entire jug might be too many servings for one guy to down in a week or two.


----------------
Now playing: Doujah Raze - 360°
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Katelin said...

Ginger is a very effective remedy for dry cough. Its peppery taste can satiate the itchy sensation you feel on your throat when you drink its extract. Moreover, a lemon contains a very high amount of vitamin C. If both are mixed, it'd be a very effective treatment for colds.

- Katelin Mccaig

eco_design_fashion_care said...

if you love the lemon ginger Echinacea Juice from trader joes then you should try this long drink: http://emanuelsecostore.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/ready-for-a-kick-ass-organic-summer-cocktail-tom-collins-inspired/