Sunday, December 21, 2008

Teriyaki Natural Beef Jerky


Rating:
Price: $4.99 (4 Oz)
Features: Best value for your jerky dollar, no crazy ingredients, tastes great on the trail
Found in: Generally hanging up in the snack / chip aisle

This jerky is highly addictive. So much so that you might now want to share it with any others in your hiking party. It is best to deny its existence and only sneak pieces when you are at the back of the pack. Not that I would ever go to such great lengths to hoard my jerky...just saying.

Anyway, this is a satisfying high-protein and light-weight snack. The jerky has a nice smokey flavor to it, and it isn't overly dry like the kind you find in the gas station. It also has just the right amount of teriyaki, not too sweet, but definitely adds a lot. I have tried the regular version of this snack, and I must recommend the teriyaki! I have not tried the peppered or turkey jerky from TJs yet.

One bag of jerky a friend got was basically one giant and excessively thick slice. I like that this jerky has more heft to it than other types, but one giant hunk for your $5.00 isn't so hot. Just check out the contents of the package before buying!

No comments: