Monday, December 1, 2008

Honey Roasted Peanuts


Rating:
Price: $2.59
Features: Sweet, salty, crunchy, honey roasted deliciousness!
Found in: Nuts, trail mix, dried fruits etc.

I believe this is the first Trader Joe's product I knowingly consumed. What a great way to start! Needless to say, I was very curious to check out the local TJ's since honey roasted peanuts are one of my favorite snacks.

Ahh, remember back in the good old days when you could get as many packets of honey roasted peanuts on the plane as you wanted for free? Then they all switched to pretzels, and you got one bag only. I figured that was because of concerns for people with peanut allergies, but that doesn't make sense since the next trend in airline snacks was crappy spicy or tropical party mix full of nuts. These days you might get a stale package of Wheat Thin's Toasted Chips if you grovel at the flight attendant's feet in the aisle and slip her a Benjamin.

So, I've gotta get my honey roasted fix somewhere else (growing up with them on flights must have gotten my hooked). Enter Trader Joe's with their 1 pound bag for only $2.59. Oh yes, bask in the glory! So much satisfaction for so little. Plus, these are some of the best honey roasted peanuts around - perfect balance of sweet, salty, and crunchy. Excellent for hikes or an anytime snack.

You'll notice that I took a picture of a nearly empty bag. I was planning to shoot it when it was unopened, but the 'mates and I got hungry one night...and the rest is history. Quite literally - as I write this post the last ones mysteriously disappeared. ;-)

----------------
Now playing: Dr. Dre - Deez Nuuuts
via FoxyTunes

No comments: