Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hansen's Diet Ginger Ale

Rating:
Price: $2.49 (6 x 12 Oz cans)
Features: Natural flavors with very specific origins: "African ginger, Mexican limes, Californian lemons, and Madagascan vanilla"
Found in: Beverages, where Reed's Extra Ginger Beer was not on the shelf :-(

Lurking in the background of my previous post is a can of Hansen's Diet Ginger Ale. I purchased this as a stand-in for Reeds Extra Ginger Beer since it was nowhere to be found. I knew this was not going to be the same as Reeds, which has "26 grams fresh ginger per bottle!" But, I wanted something fizzy and gingery, and expected this would have more of a ginger kick than Canada Dry (not that they sell that at TJ's).

It does have a stronger flavor profile, I tasted just as much Madagascan vanilla as African ginger. The Mexi-calian citrus was lost in the crowd, but I am sure I would miss it if it were not at the party. This diet soda is sweetened with Splenda, which means it is incredibly sweet. It is also highly carbonated with little tiny fizzy bubbles that caused me to sneeze three times while attempting to drink it. Overall, it did the job washing down the tamales for tonight, and I would consider this pretty good for a diet soda. But it's no Reeds, they better get that back in stock again!

"
It's that damn Hansel! He's so hot right now!" -Mugatu

No comments: