Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dark Chocolate Covered Gingersnaps


Rating:
Price: $3.99 (10 Oz)
Features: So good...can't stop eating!
Found in: Near cookies / chocolate covered things

These little dark chocolate covered cookie bits are amazingly good. It has been hard not to eat them all before I got a picture to put on the blog. The gingersnap cookie centers have quite a spicy ginger flavor, which I really like. The crunchy, spicy centers go perfectly with the thick, slightly sweet, dark chocolate coating. TJ says:

Molasses, ginger, cloves and vanilla...These aromatic ingredients are the hallmark of gingersnap cookies. We've taken it one step further by gilding tiny gingersnap cookies with dark chocolate, for a sophisticated treat that mixes the creamy richness of chocolate with crunchy, spicy cookies.

Mmm, gilded in chocolate, how sophisticated. I'm really hoping these are not just a holiday item, because my store is about out of all the extra holiday treats Trader Joe's put out this year. The snowflake on the box makes me worry about such things. If I can't get another tin of these I'm not sure what I am going to do to get my ginger / chocolate fix. There is no way I can settle for the regular dark chocolate coated candied ginger pieces, which I have never been a big fan of. Please keep these coming! Now I just have to find a way to reuse the tin they came in...

No comments: